Monday, September 29, 2008

1 year anniversary

Yesterday, Scott and I celebrated 1 year! :-) I kind of cheated, and gave him his presents a day early. When he got home from the presidential convention, Saturday afternoon, he was greeted by a trail of 11 mini presents and at the end was a big present. I used a picture from every month that we've been together and made them into cards. I placed a card on every present and wrote one reason why I loved Scott, which I tried to tie it in with the gift. Scott's big present was a Brady Quinn Browns jersey.

The morning of our anniversary I made heart shaped pancakes, with strawberries and whip cream. I know, I'm 9.28.08 002cheesy! Scott then put on his jersey and watched the Browns beat the Bangles; our anniversary was off to a good start! I tried not to eat too much because I wanted to fill up at dinner. I'm not sure why I thought this was a good idea but 3 hours prior to dinner, I had a cup of yogurt. Now to most this would have been a great snack but I am lactose intolerant.

That evening we went to Ruth's Chris. As soon as we sat down my stomach began to gurgle, oh great! I desperately wanted to go to the bathroom but I couldn't, not at Ruth's Chris. I just tried not to think about it. At dinner we shared a bottle of Merlot and Scott actually ordered BBQ Shrimp 9.28.08 013as an appetizer. He even ate some! I attempted to take as many pictures as I could. Scott ensured that I turned 9.28.08 015the flash off and due to the "mood" lighting the pictures came outt a little fuzzy. There were several dishes I wanted to try but we both agreed that this being our first time at Ruth's Chris we should get steaks, which is what they're known for. Scott ordered a ribeye and I had a filet; these were by far the BEST steaks we have ever had! We both agreed, the ribeye was better but the filet was still the best filet I have ever had. Normally Scott devours his entire plate before I am halfway down with mine, but last night was the slowest I had ever seen Scott eat. He even double checked each piece of fat to ensure there wasn't any meat left. I was satisfied with just dinner but we indulged and got dessert. ooooh I had the most delicious key lime pie and Scott ordered a chocolate explosion (chocolate molten cake). As I wrote my mouth began to water...mmmm I highly recommend Ruth's Chris!

9.28.08 018

No comments:

Post a Comment