Thursday, October 11, 2012

wreath making and a Thursday visit

Last night I did a moms night in wreath making party with the stroller strides moms. It was a fun excuse to get together! We did a mexican potluck and everyone brought their own supplies. Food and drinks were plentiful!

Stacy and I each picked a wreath to make and help guide anyone who needed help.  Stacy helped some make a yarn wreath and I did a burlap one. I think this one was my most favorite moms night out (in).


Stacy, Bethany, Nancy, and Cassidy

Bethany and me
here's the burlap wreath I made. Not sure I like the bow, will figure it out later

Today Scott woke up early and drove to Houston. He was going to go last night, but bc I had plans, he decided to wake up super early instead. I know, he's a good hubby!  Ironically, my mom and her husband Rick drove up from Houston while Scott was on his way down there. They stopped by on their way to Arkansas and Indiana. Peyton hasn't seen them since he was 4 months old, but that didn't seem to matter. He took 2 naps on his Mimi within in a 4 hour period and seemed to really like Rick.

waiting for Mimi to get here 
Rick and Peyton
My mom showing me how she used to carry my siblings and I when we were babies. And then I showed  her my ergo
my mom and baby

Peyton also discovered his tongue last night and has been playing with it in his mouth. He likes to stick it out on the sides of his lips. Trying to take a picture of this is like trying to capture a mythical creature. Luckily, I snapped one without even knowing I did.
I was trying to take a picture of us and then I spotted his tongue sticking out

Oh, and today I unexpectedly received a book in the mail from my brother Derek, Blog inc. I know my "blogging" isn't up to par with most, but I didn't think it was horrible. lol Thanks big brother! I guess there's always room for improvement and I really would love to become a better blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment