Wednesday, October 15, 2008

exhausted!

I haven't gotten a chance to write a blog for a while. I actually haven't had a day off since Scott and I got back from Ohio. Between school and work, I'm exhausted! I couldn't have asked God for a better fiance. Scott has been beyond wonderful and very supportive. There are days I just want to lay on the couch and not move, but 10.07.08 023then I see how Scott trying really hard to pick up extra chores around the house. I normally do all of our laundry but this weekend I worked all day Saturday and Sunday. Scott not only did all the laundry but cleaned the kitchen. I know to some this may not seem like a big deal but to me it means so much. I guess I'm kind of old fashion and see these as things I'm supposed to do. I know that sounds silly, but that's just how I was raised. I think that's why Scott and I fit well together, b.c our mannerisms are similar. He is a care taker when it comes to opening the doors, before we go to sleep he always gets up to make sure the door is locked, when it's late he takes Porkchop potty, he takes the trash out...etc. He protects me and I feed him...lol

Well, there's not a whole lot to catch up on but here's the latest on:

Wedding Planning:
There's not much progress in this area since I last blogged. I did buy a used wedding planning book at half price book store for like $5. It was barely used and I just whited out what the previous owner wrote. As far as wedding planning goes, I don't think there will be too much to update everyone on until next summer. As of right now, we are thinking of April 24th date wise. I would just like to have a Venue booked for our reception and I've asked Scott to make a list of everyone he wants to attend. Because we are planning to wed in Ohio, I wanted to get this taken care of so I can send out save the dates to my family and friends who will have to make travel arrangements. I've also asked Scott's mom for any suggestions she might have. I've also narrowed the colors to either yellow(softer shade) or tiffany blue, I'm leaning more towards Tiffany blue. I'm really looking forward to the planning process and hope Scott's mom and I can bond. :-) Oh annd I've asked my sister if my nephew/godson could be our ring barrier. He'll be 2 1/2 by then. I think the planning process will take place once we're closer to a year from the date.

10.07.08 00110.07.08 008Mr. Porkchop:
Porkchop has a little lady friend who happens to be the same age as him. They get along great! Her name is domino and I believe she's a beagle/ cocker spaniel mix. He enjoys playing with her and her owner Emily and I enjoy each other's company so it works out great. We're also the same age, which is nice. Emily even introduced Porkchop to these little mini bones which he loves. Scott and I got him some more because he hides them in different spots. I found one in my school bag this morning.

10.07.08 011 After class last week, I took Porkchop to the park. Porkchop is definitely a ladies magnet. He attracted an 80+ year old woman who absolutely loved him and even stopped joggers who couldn't resist his puppy face or sexy face. He's a conversation piece and loves the attention. Porkchop has a big bark for a little dog but he is timid to the unknown. He enjoyed barking at the ducks from a distance but once the were just steps in front of us he had nothing to say. 10.07.08  02710.07.08 025

Porkchop has gotten a lot better about potty training. He still has little accidents every now and then but he has learned to communicate with us when he needs to go. Last week Porkers went to the vet and weighed in at 11lbs. The vet told us he would probably get up to 18-20lbs, which saddens me; I don't want him to get any bigger. He 10.07.08 031was really good at the vet. Everyone seemed to love Porkchop and his name. They poked fun at his ears and said he would make a good Yoda, but none the less were very sweet. We discovered you can give him as many shots as you want to, just so long as he has treats to eat. As we were leaving the vet Porkchop ran into an 10week old puppy...he just so happened to be another Westie. I read that Westies are considered to be conceited but that didn't make sense to me until we saw Porkchop interact with this puppy. It was as if Porkchop was staring into a mirror of a younger version of himself. lol

* Just a side note, there's a comment link you can click on to leave comments on any blogs...just so long as you're not correcting my grammar. I reread some of the previous blogs and I know there are some grammar errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment