Monday, October 27, 2008

Pokchop is so smart

Today Scott and I both had off so we decided to run some errands. We stopped by Petsmart in search of a Christmas outfit for Porkchop 002 Porkers. Every year I send out Christmas cards with a dorky picture of myself. This will be the first year I will be including someone else in my little tradition. I normally make ornaments and mail those out but I think cheesy pictures of our little family will be enough. Especially since my Christmas card list has also doubled. We didn’t find a santa or elf outfit buuut we did find the cutest jersey.

Scott’s schedule is kind of bonkers (that’s a fun word) this week. He flies out on Wed. to DTW and will return on Sat. Sun he flies out again to San Francisco and I believe he won’t be returning till Thurs. I don’t know how we used to manage our time together before because my schedule used to be just as chaotic if not more. I sometimes miss being a flight attendant, think I always will but looking at Scott’s schedule is just a reminder of how much I dreaded flying every week.

I have some really awesome news to share. Porkchop is a skilled hand/paw shaker!. It is soooo stinking cute! Yesterday was officially the first night he grasped the concept on his own. It was very rewarding to see him do this. It was a pleasant ending to my bad day. Of course I have video and dorkified it for everyone.

I’m trying to teach him one command at a time so it’s not confusing/overwhelming for him. Since he has mastered shaking I started teaching him to lay down. He actually picked up how to do it in like 5 minutes. I’m very proud of our porkchop. I probably won’t teach him anything new until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment